- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine or sherry vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs albacore tuna (slightly frozen, says Bruce)
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed or other high-heat cooking oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1lb green beans/haricots verts
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of one small lemon or meyer lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 ½ cups or 1 (14-ounce) can, cooked cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup shaved parmesan
- 1lb boiled or steamed new potatoes
- 1lb tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- ½ cup pitted olives, coarsely chopped (optional) OR 2T capers, drained
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Dab the loin dry, rub with a thin coat of the oil (about 1T) and sprinkle with herbs de Provence, oregano, and liberally with sea salt and pepper. Allow to sit for 20 to 30 mins in the fridge.
For the vinaigrette, whisk together everything but the olive oil. Whisk in the olive oil. Can be made up to three days in advance.
Bring a pot of water to a boil and prepare an ice bath. Blanch the beans/haricots verts for 1-4 mins (depending on the size) until vibrant green. Immediately dunk in ice bath, then drain. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and the dill; season with salt and pepper. Add the haricots verts, cannellini beans, and Parmesan and toss to coat. Set aside in the fridge until ready to use.
Cut the potatoes into halves or quarters, depending on the size.
Heat the remaining 2T. of grapeseed oil in a large skillet. Once hot, add the seasoned loin and cook for 1-2 mins per side for rare. Remove and slice the loin thinly.
Assemble each ingredient separately on a large family style platter. Drizzle the potatoes, tomatoes and fish with the vinaigrette and garnish with chopped parsley and capers (optional). Serve with a wedge of crusty garlic bread.
Pan-Seared Marinated Halibut Fillets
Chipped Ling Cod
Tuna Salad Composée